Coconut Water is home to the thoughts and stories from an American expat living in Vitoria, Brazil with her multicultural family. After more than 9 years in Brazil, I'm currently writing my first novel, but still have the energy to fight the good fight against Brazilian bureaucracy, the Portuguese subjunctive tense, and putting ketchup on my pizza.
|3||[Hits: 30 - Added: 04-03-15]|
US American expat living in Brazil
- Gender: Female
- Interest: Writing, Travel, Stand Up Paddle, Running, Theater,
- About me: From Atlanta to Washington DC to Rio de Janeiro and finally settling in Vitoria, Brazil. I considered a lot of life possibilities but living in Brazil was never one of them. Then I met the smartest man I’ve ever known, who happened to be from Brazil. We live in Vitoria. I teach. I write. I speak terrible Portuguese and pretend not to speak any when in front of my in-laws. I’m currently trying to build a career as a writer and raising a 4 year-old daughter. Not sure which, if either, I’m succeeding at. I blog about my life as an expat at Brynn in Brazil. It's mostly funny, a little sappy, occasionally insightful, and all true. At least in that moment.
- Social networks:
- Review of The Sun is Also a Star by Nicola Yoon
Posted on 28 July 2017 | 12:23 pm
- Review of Between Shades of Gray by Ruta Sepetys
Posted on 21 July 2017 | 10:30 am
- Review of The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas
Posted on 10 June 2017 | 6:29 pm
- Democracy By Cycle Rickshaw
Posted on 2 June 2017 | 12:00 pm
- The Mad Queen of Portugal Maria I
Posted on 29 May 2017 | 12:00 pm
Recommended Service Partners
Compare up to six quotes from our network of moving companies that can help you plan your international move and relocate your entire family.
Apply online for free quotes on repatriation assistance and expatriate and foreign health insurance.
You will get discount hotel rates, last-minute deals, hot deals, special offers, with a real-time reservation and on-line booking.