We're Rob and Diane, an American and a Canadian. After an unexpected layoff we decided on early retirement. It sounds like more fun than work. After we sell our house and stuff, Malaysia is our destination.
|1||[Hits: 25 - Added: 01-11-14]|
US American expat living in Malaysia
- Gender: Male
- Birthday: 15-04-65
- Interest: travel, hiking, dining out, yoga, cultural events
- About me: I’m Rob. My wife is Diane. Collectively, we’re Rodi. Recently my employer of five years eliminated my position due to budget cuts. Obtaining another job during middle age is challenging and frustrating. Already planning for early retirement anyway, we decided to push it up a few years. Understanding the financial challenges, we concluded that leaving the United States could be both practical and exciting. We have chosen Malaysia as a starting point. Our blog is about becoming overseas expats. First we need to endure a long 18 month period of semi-retirement for only one of us thanks to an age requirement for the Malaysian residency visa. We love exploring new cultures, eating exotic food and meeting interesting people. Long term, we’d like to volunteer helping to save endangered species of animals all over Southeast Asia. Orangutans hold a special place in our hearts.
- Social networks:
- Revisiting That Dreaded Foodie Post
Posted on 19 October 2017 | 12:00 pm
- The Ultimate Expat Battle of Wits
Posted on 14 October 2017 | 1:27 pm
- Fame and Fortune
Posted on 3 October 2017 | 12:03 pm
- Thai Style Tree Hugging
Posted on 22 September 2017 | 1:57 pm
- Social Butterfly Syndrome
Posted on 12 September 2017 | 10:37 am
Recommended Service Partners
Compare up to six quotes from our network of moving companies that can help you plan your international move and relocate your entire family.
Apply online for free quotes on repatriation assistance and expatriate and foreign health insurance.
You will get discount hotel rates, last-minute deals, hot deals, special offers, with a real-time reservation and on-line booking.