We're Rob and Diane, an American and a Canadian. After an unexpected layoff we decided on early retirement. It sounds like more fun than work. After we sell our house and stuff, Malaysia is our destination.
|1||[Hits: 33 - Added: 01-11-14]|
US American expat living in Malaysia
- Gender: Male
- Birthday: 15-04-65
- Interest: travel, hiking, dining out, yoga, cultural events
- About me: I’m Rob. My wife is Diane. Collectively, we’re Rodi. Recently my employer of five years eliminated my position due to budget cuts. Obtaining another job during middle age is challenging and frustrating. Already planning for early retirement anyway, we decided to push it up a few years. Understanding the financial challenges, we concluded that leaving the United States could be both practical and exciting. We have chosen Malaysia as a starting point. Our blog is about becoming overseas expats. First we need to endure a long 18 month period of semi-retirement for only one of us thanks to an age requirement for the Malaysian residency visa. We love exploring new cultures, eating exotic food and meeting interesting people. Long term, we’d like to volunteer helping to save endangered species of animals all over Southeast Asia. Orangutans hold a special place in our hearts.
- Social networks:
- The Chicken Little Financial Post
Posted on 14 August 2019 | 10:09 am
- The Great Thai Rain Dance
Posted on 8 August 2019 | 10:32 am
- Shuffling Off to (Water) Buffalo
Posted on 22 June 2019 | 10:30 am
- The American War of Aggression; A reality check
Posted on 11 June 2019 | 10:24 am
- Tips and Tax Not Included
Posted on 8 June 2019 | 11:57 am
Recommended Service Partners
Compare up to six quotes from our network of moving companies that can help you plan your international move and relocate your entire family.
Apply online for free quotes on repatriation assistance and expatriate and foreign health insurance.
You will get discount hotel rates, last-minute deals, hot deals, special offers, with a real-time reservation and on-line booking.