I've been blogging about my non-typical travel adventures for 4 years and generally like to stay OFF the beaten path. My blog followers are a niche crowd who don't really want to hear about tourist attractions. They'd rather hear about local people and communities, cheap places to stay, fun ways to get around, and generally learn about REAL Jamaica and it's culture. There have been a lot of ups and downs about traveling the way I do but my mission is to know the island intimately and share the soul of Jamaica with whoever wants to read about it! You can find stories on my blog about random nasty critters crawling through my apartment, broke down cars in precarious places, island treks, meeting and staying with families in the ghetto, and all about living and trying to work in Jamaica. My blog is as random as my travel style, and it's my passion. After 10 years of traveling there I'd love to stop it and try something new but I just can't. It's a part of me now!
|9||[Hits: 194 - Added: 25-10-12]|
expat living in Jamaica
- Gender: Female
- Birthday: 30-11-72
- Interest: Travel, writing, dancing, music, my strong family ties
- About me: I'm Kristi and I'm a Canadian who's been traveling to (and sometimes living in) Jamaica for the last 10 years. I'm a single mom, ex-government employee, new author and a lover of culture. I have an intrinsic appreciation for human beings from all walks of life and just want to know more about everything every day. In 2011 I quit my 10-year government career to try an extended stay in Jamaica after having traveled there quarterly for 8 years. In 2012 I did it again for a couple months. Although neither of those attempts at living the island life were giant successes I learned so much about myself and life in another country. I seem to be following in my mother's footsteps - she left Canadian life to go live in Japan for 5 years when I was 19. I had so much respect for her when she did that.
- A Decade of Adventure has Concluded
Posted on 26 December 2018 | 8:34 pm
- 5 Tips for Mastering Slow Travel
Posted on 25 December 2018 | 6:10 pm
- Coral Seas Cliff – Negril, Jamaica
Posted on 10 July 2018 | 2:45 am
- Don’t Ask Questions. Just Start The Car!!!!
Posted on 25 June 2018 | 5:02 pm
- Dirty Road Puppies Along Roads We Don’t Deserve
Posted on 23 June 2018 | 5:32 pm
Recommended Service Partners
Compare up to six quotes from our network of moving companies that can help you plan your international move and relocate your entire family.
Apply online for free quotes on repatriation assistance and expatriate and foreign health insurance.
You will get discount hotel rates, last-minute deals, hot deals, special offers, with a real-time reservation and on-line booking.