Gringos in Paradise documents the joys and challenges of retiring to and living in Costa Rica. From expat insights, monthly budgeting to the humor of everyday life, this blog hopes to capture the flavor of Costa Rica as Paul and Marilyn settle into their community and navigate daily life and customs in their adopted country.
|1||[Hits: 40 - Added: 08-06-14]|
US American expat living in Costa Rica
- Gender: Female
- Birthday: 20-08-51
- Interest: Costa Rica, writing, cooking, learning Spanish, horses and equine ther
- About me: Marilyn Stevens and Paul Hastings retired from teaching English as a Second Language in May of 2013 and moved to Costa Rica in October 2013. They live in a farming community in the mountains above the Central Valley town of Grecia, surrounded by coffee plantations, cow pastures and natural beauty. Former writers, editors and video producers, they blog about their experiences as "Gringos in Paradise" on their blog paulandmarilynretire.blogspot.-com. One of the highlights of their blog is their monthly expenses post. They want to share their experiences of retiring to and living in Costa Rica to provide a perspective that might be helpful to others considering such a move. They are committed to learning Spanish so they can better interact with their Tico neighbors and friends.
- Social networks:
- Reflections on a Visa Run - Los Chiles to San Carlos by Boat by Paul
Posted on 26 December 2015 | 3:58 pm
- Feliz Navidad from Costa Rica
Posted on 25 December 2015 | 6:27 pm
- A Different Visa Run Experience ... Los Chiles to San Carlos ... by car, boat, mini-bus, feet, bus, car
Posted on 22 June 2015 | 3:24 pm
Posted on 31 December 2014 | 6:46 pm
- THE MILKMAN by Marilyn
Posted on 9 June 2014 | 11:26 pm
Recommended Service Partners
Compare up to six quotes from our network of moving companies that can help you plan your international move and relocate your entire family.
Apply online for free quotes on repatriation assistance and expatriate and foreign health insurance.
Discover the most flexible and effective method to learn English on your PC and Tablet, for only 1£!
You will get discount hotel rates, last-minute deals, hot deals, special offers, with a real-time reservation and on-line booking.