This personal blog follows one curious American girl with a semi-confusing name living in Florence, Italy. Passions include travel, wine, food, humor, culture, language, books, deep conversations that are normally wine-induced and – not so deep conversations. I come from la terra di Texas, that some would say may or may not be its own country. Daily life is filled with great food, bus tickets, lots of work, insanity discovered on a daily basis – and one used creaky bike in the most beautiful city in my world, Firenze. I have been calling this city home since 2007 while living with my favorite tour-guide/Fiorentino, nick-named t-man. I absolutely love this country, despite the crazy bus drivers and intrusive Italian future mother in laws. For me, life is about enjoying simple pleasures, great friends, and looking at any situation with a sense of humor. I chose the title because Italy is full of people like me, working 3 jobs and dealing with red-tape. Sarcasm is appreciated and welcome here, I may not live in the style of Under the Tuscan Sun and know few who actually do but life is always an adventure.
|12||[Hits: 38 - Added: 30-08-12]|
US American expat living in Florence
- Gender: Female
- Birthday: 13-07-84
- Interest: travel and food
- About me: I am originally from Texas but I have also lived in Los Angeles. I moved to Florence, Italy in the fall of 2007 and have lived here ever since with my Italian boyfriend. I absolutely love the slow pace of life in Italy and the variety of friends that I have met in this city. I work many jobs and have fought really hard to be able to live and work in Italy as an non Eu resident. My life is all about discovering new parts of Florence & Tuscany and of course visiting every food festival I can. I love traveling in Europe, obviously on a budget and discovering new places that you don't read much about, like Slovenia. I love to read, cook, meet with friends, be random and just enjoy life.
- 33 Things I’ve Learned Upon Turning 33
Posted on 13 July 2017 | 9:11 am
- Momio Firenze: Brunch But Not Only
Posted on 5 July 2017 | 11:27 am
- July Events in Florence, Personal Suggestions For a Great Month
Posted on 30 June 2017 | 3:55 pm
- Book Review: ‘Florence in Ecstasy’ by Jessie Chaffee
Posted on 29 June 2017 | 2:12 pm
- Those Who Came Before Us: Exploring Teotihuacan From Mexico City
Posted on 27 June 2017 | 5:31 pm
Recommended Service Partners
Compare up to six quotes from our network of moving companies that can help you plan your international move and relocate your entire family.
Apply online for free quotes on repatriation assistance and expatriate and foreign health insurance.
Uniplaces is an online marketplace for booking mid-long term accommodation with thousands of verified properties.
You will get discount hotel rates, last-minute deals, hot deals, special offers, with a real-time reservation and on-line booking.