The blog is for expat partner's everywhere - whether they are planning their first move or on their fifty-first country. It accompanies my book of the same name, aimed at women and men as they move overseas with their working partner. I hope to include my own personal tales as we move to South Africa, as well as lots of other expat stories, tips and anedcotes. I want the blog to be as informative, supportive and interactive as possible.
|5||[Hits: 55 - Added: 30-01-15]|
UK British expat living in South Africa
- Gender: Female
- Interest: Expat partners
- About me: I am a British mum of two daughters who was born abroad and has travelled and lived overseas on and off all my life. A former TCK and diplomat, I am now married to a man who takes us overseas with his job. We have already lived as a family in Pakistan and St Lucia, and this year we're off to South Africa. After living in St Lucia, where I met a number of sadly under-prepared accompanying spouses, I wrote a book The Expat Partner's Survival Guide (due out March or April this year). In between work, writing and looking after the family I have little time left for hobbies but I am looking forward to safaris in South Africa and fulfilling one of my lifetime ambitions: swimming with whale sharks.
- Social networks:
- A year, a sense of achievement, some news
Posted on 27 August 2018 | 3:54 pm
- How to expand your horizons when you are back home
Posted on 10 July 2018 | 12:08 pm
- Expat reunions are a thing of wonder
Posted on 4 June 2018 | 12:05 pm
- Favourite recipes from afar
Posted on 19 April 2018 | 12:41 pm
- Should I write a wish list?
Posted on 4 April 2018 | 11:21 am
Recommended Service Partners
Compare up to six quotes from our network of moving companies that can help you plan your international move and relocate your entire family.
Apply online for free quotes on repatriation assistance and expatriate and foreign health insurance.
You will get discount hotel rates, last-minute deals, hot deals, special offers, with a real-time reservation and on-line booking.