Parallel Universe is a chronicle of being an Indian-American writer from Texas now living in the U.A.E. "At first glance, the UAE is not that different from Texas: It's hot, it's humid and people love their SUVs. On the other hand, it's a Muslim country that attempts to straddle a difficult line between East and West." This is my journey, keeping one foot in the West and the other in the East.
|13||[Hits: 47 - Added: 29-10-11]|
US American expat living in Dubai
- Gender: Female
- Interest: travel, food, writing
- About me: I'm the American-born daughter of Indian immigrants, who grew up in small-town Texas. I've never quite fit the mold - American or Indian. I'm a freelance journalist and I now live in Dubai, a city that is also searching for its true identity.
- Meeting Pratham
Posted on 16 June 2018 | 10:21 pm
- Mom’s Cooking School: Doodhi na debra (Indian squash flatbread.)
Posted on 10 June 2018 | 4:52 pm
- Basketball … Set to Music: The Catastrophic Theatre’s “Small Ball”
Posted on 2 May 2018 | 3:58 am
- Mom’s Cooking School: Roasted Eggplant, or Baigan Bharta — With a Surprising Tex-Mex twist!
Posted on 21 April 2018 | 5:47 pm
- Mom’s Cooking School
Posted on 23 March 2018 | 9:42 pm
Recommended Service Partners
Compare up to six quotes from our network of moving companies that can help you plan your international move and relocate your entire family.
Apply online for free quotes on repatriation assistance and expatriate and foreign health insurance.
You will get discount hotel rates, last-minute deals, hot deals, special offers, with a real-time reservation and on-line booking.