Travel, crafting, restaurants, everyday life...my blog is about experiencing life in Sweden as a mom, as an artist, as a person who is new to the Swedish culture. Everyday is an adventure and an opportunity to learn something new about others (and about yourself). Sometimes laughing (so I don't cry) I share the joys of what makes living the expat life so incomparable with any other way of living.
|7||[Hits: 57 - Added: 08-11-12]|
US American expat living in Sweden
- Gender: Female
- Birthday: 11-06-72
- Interest: writing, knitting, art, music, food, travel, museums, cooking
- About me: I'm an artist and writer, living abroad with my US Diplomat husband and 4 kids. We've lived in Greece, Austria, The Netherlands, San Francisco, LA and now Stockholm, Sweden. I love experiencing new cultures, places and people. Sharing my perspective with others helps me see the world isn't such a big place after all. There's so much we have in common, but what makes us different is also what makes us endearing. As I travel the globe, my viewpoint expands, my recipe folder grows and my heart enlarges. I don't know who I'd be without all the people I've met along the way, teaching me about life and broadening my views. It's not easy packing up a family household every couple of years, but it's worth it when you consider that what we've gained is so much greater than anything we've lost.
- Justice League, The Pope and Why We Should All Be Talking About Yemen
Posted on 30 November 2017 | 7:00 am
- Thoughts for the expat spouse and substitute gym teacher
Posted on 27 November 2017 | 5:15 pm
- Unpack: The Story Behind The Writing
Posted on 22 October 2017 | 8:24 am
- Istanbul (not Constantinople): Part I of an expat adventure
Posted on 12 September 2017 | 8:57 pm
- An Expat Summer: Never as Planned
Posted on 30 August 2017 | 5:14 pm
Recommended Service Partners
Compare up to six quotes from our network of moving companies that can help you plan your international move and relocate your entire family.
Apply online for free quotes on repatriation assistance and expatriate and foreign health insurance.
You will get discount hotel rates, last-minute deals, hot deals, special offers, with a real-time reservation and on-line booking.