I am a psychologist by trade, but my real passions are music, dance, food, and travel. My worldwide curiosity has taken me from hole-in-the-wall, locals-only spots to well-heeled locales. I been to close to 40 countries, which you can see on my Trip Advisor map pins or on my Matador map on.
I have a passion for finding authentic cultural events, particularly live local music and dance performances.
Some of my most memorable ventures include dancing with real Zulu warriors while visiting Victoria Falls in Zimbabwe, dining at Paul Bocuse's eponymous restaurant, listening to samba and bossa nova music at the Venice Jazz Club in Italy, and learning to tango to live music in the historic Confiteria Ideal in Buenos Aires.
Now I have retired to picturesque Altea Spain where there is sumptuous dining and a new international living experience for me as a single woman. I also include humorous stories about adjusting to the new challenges associated with a move across the globe. I try to provide emotive photos.
|2||[Hits: 4 - Added: 10-11-15]|
US American expat living in Alicante
- Gender: Female
- Birthday: 16-03-57
- Interest: travel, food, culture, music
- About me: I took an early retirement from my job as a forensic psychologist evaluating and testifying on Sexually Violent Predators in California to relocate to the beautiful Spanish Mediterranean town of Altea. I like to focus on issues related to moving to Spain (like getting a residential visa), travel in Spain and worldwide, multicultural encounters, culture especially music and dance. And I am a foodie, who will try just about anything; I love great food whether it is at a top-rated spot or a hole in the wall place. I also write about solo female travel and travel with my dog.
- Social networks:
- Affordable Luxury in the Jewel of Spain’s Costa Blanca
Posted on 17 April 2017 | 10:35 am
- Terrorism and Travel
Posted on 22 March 2017 | 5:22 pm
- SERENDIPITY AT SANTA CATERINA HOTEL
Posted on 25 February 2017 | 10:17 pm
- 16 of My Favorite Spanish Foods
Posted on 13 February 2017 | 5:47 pm
- Visual Alicante
Posted on 9 January 2017 | 2:15 pm
Recommended Service Partners
Compare up to six quotes from our network of moving companies that can help you plan your international move and relocate your entire family.
Apply online for free quotes on repatriation assistance and expatriate and foreign health insurance.
Uniplaces is an online marketplace for booking mid-long term accommodation with thousands of verified properties.
You will get discount hotel rates, last-minute deals, hot deals, special offers, with a real-time reservation and on-line booking.