I am a psychologist by trade, but my real passions are music, dance, food, and travel. My worldwide curiosity has taken me from hole-in-the-wall, locals-only spots to well-heeled locales. I been to close to 40 countries, which you can see on my Trip Advisor map pins or on my Matador map on.
I have a passion for finding authentic cultural events, particularly live local music and dance performances.
Some of my most memorable ventures include dancing with real Zulu warriors while visiting Victoria Falls in Zimbabwe, dining at Paul Bocuse's eponymous restaurant, listening to samba and bossa nova music at the Venice Jazz Club in Italy, and learning to tango to live music in the historic Confiteria Ideal in Buenos Aires.
Now I have retired to picturesque Altea Spain where there is sumptuous dining and a new international living experience for me as a single woman. I also include humorous stories about adjusting to the new challenges associated with a move across the globe. I try to provide emotive photos.
|4||[Hits: 10 - Added: 10-11-15]|
US American expat living in Alicante
- Gender: Female
- Birthday: 16-03-57
- Interest: travel, food, culture, music
- About me: I took an early retirement from my job as a forensic psychologist evaluating and testifying on Sexually Violent Predators in California to relocate to the beautiful Spanish Mediterranean town of Altea. I like to focus on issues related to moving to Spain (like getting a residential visa), travel in Spain and worldwide, multicultural encounters, culture especially music and dance. And I am a foodie, who will try just about anything; I love great food whether it is at a top-rated spot or a hole in the wall place. I also write about solo female travel and travel with my dog.
- Social networks:
- Yet More International Food Porn
Posted on 30 October 2019 | 3:51 pm
- More food porn with international dishes from the Costa Blanca
Posted on 28 July 2019 | 7:38 pm
- 5 Year Spanish Residential (Non-Lucrative) Visa
Posted on 10 May 2019 | 7:45 pm
- Nature and Iconic Buildings In SLO (San Luis Obispo) County
Posted on 2 April 2019 | 8:10 pm
- “FAMOUS JAZZ ARTIST SERIES” FEATURES NATIONAL AND CALIFORNIA CENTRAL COAST MUSIC TREASURES
Posted on 2 January 2019 | 8:25 pm
Recommended Service Partners
Compare up to six quotes from our network of moving companies that can help you plan your international move and relocate your entire family.
Apply online for free quotes on repatriation assistance and expatriate and foreign health insurance.
Uniplaces is an online marketplace for booking mid-long term accommodation with thousands of verified properties.
You will get discount hotel rates, last-minute deals, hot deals, special offers, with a real-time reservation and on-line booking.