By the time my husband and I were married, our military/diplomatic childhoods had resulted in a combined 30-plus moves between Asia, Europe, and the continental United States. Our plan was to raise our children in one place, giving them the stability we had never experienced. We lasted for 8 years (the longest either of us had ever lived anywhere) before our first cross-country move. When the possibility of a transfer to Seoul came up, we jumped at the chance to live and travel in Asia again without thinking much about the gritty realities involved in an international move and the logistics of relocating our two non-expat kids. After all, we'd both moved numerous times, right? We'd both lived in Asia, right? How hard could it be? Now we know. What we thought we knew about moving internationally (but didn't) could fill a book. Or a blog.
|24||[Hits: 60 - Added: 10-07-11]|
US American expat living in Seoul
- Gender: Female
- Interest: traveling, reading, writing, cycling, cooking, raising my kids
- About me: I'm an American wife and mother of two teenagers who recently moved to in Seoul, South Korea. My husband and I grew up all over the world (Bangkok, Taipei, Manila, Frankfurt,) but never expected to be returning to Asia with our kids. We're excited to introduce our sons to the joys (and challenges) of living in Asia, and that's primarily what I write about in this blog.
- Life in England: Takeaway in the UK
Posted on 28 July 2016 | 1:35 pm
- Life in England: The 4th July in England or Hot dogs and Fancy Dress
Posted on 4 July 2016 | 5:54 pm
- Asia Vu, Deja Vu: A Quick Trip to Seoul and Some Thoughts on Expat Life
Posted on 30 June 2016 | 10:49 am
- Things About Life In England Lately
Posted on 7 April 2016 | 10:18 am
- Life in England: A Weekend in Edinburgh: The Distillery Tour
Posted on 15 March 2016 | 11:34 am
Recommended Service Partners
Compare up to six quotes from our network of moving companies that can help you plan your international move and relocate your entire family.
Apply online for free quotes on repatriation assistance and expatriate and foreign health insurance.
You will get discount hotel rates, last-minute deals, hot deals, special offers, with a real-time reservation and on-line booking.