We first fell in love with the Portuguese approach to food and life in 2004 on Madeira. In 2013 we decided it was about time we discovered mainland Portugal. Looking for Winter sunshine, nature on the doorstep and good public transport which was also away from the main tourist areas led us to the East Algarve. After a few repeat visits I realised that I had so many photographs of this beautiful region that I couldn’t fit them all in a photobook so as I had some time on my hands and we are now spending up to 6months each year here this blog came to life. I post twice a week sometimes more. The photographs accompany details of great walks, things to do and the occasional review. Our passion is birds and wildflowers so there are lots of nature posts too.
|4||[Hits: 33 - Added: 05-04-16]|
UK British expat living in Algarve
- Gender: Female
- Interest: Photography
- About me: I'm lucky enough to spend my winters in Portugal and the 'summer' in England. When not taking out walking and taking photographs in Portugal I keep myself out of mischief with my two blogs. My 'expat' one is all about our life in the east Algarve, and the occasional jaunts to Alentejo and Lisboa. Back in England I'm juggle life of voluntary work, supporting my parents on their dementia journey, consultancy projects and other travels. Hence my second blog.
- Social networks:
- First there was one, then it became a runcible!
Posted on 14 October 2018 | 2:22 pm
- The story of Arraial Ferreira Neto
Posted on 11 October 2018 | 1:12 pm
- A palace fit for an English Queen
Posted on 6 October 2018 | 12:26 pm
- Stamping flamingos in Portugal
Posted on 3 October 2018 | 12:44 am
- Lisboa’s hidden water temple
Posted on 30 September 2018 | 5:43 am
Recommended Service Partners
Compare up to six quotes from our network of moving companies that can help you plan your international move and relocate your entire family.
Apply online for free quotes on repatriation assistance and expatriate and foreign health insurance.
Uniplaces is an online marketplace for booking mid-long term accommodation with thousands of verified properties.
You will get discount hotel rates, last-minute deals, hot deals, special offers, with a real-time reservation and on-line booking.