Tales of a Yankee Adventurer in Norway: An American accustomed to shopping on a Sunday trying to settle into a more unmaterialistic lifestyle in Norway. Less shopping, more nature. More taxes, no insurance bills. Fewer choices in the cookie aisle at the grocery store, but more time with my family.
|5||[Hits: 51 - Added: 29-10-12]|
US American expat living in Oslo
- Gender: Female
- Interest: Traveling, writing, cooking
- About me: I’m from Ohio (USA) where I spent most of my childhood swimming, listening to Bollywood music and watching I Love Lucy re-runs. I spent my teen years drifting between the medieval and Elizabethan eras of English literature, only to marry a Britisher and move to London. Living in London was a dream. I got my masters in journalism in a city that, as far as I’m concerned, founded the fourth estate. I lived around the corner from Sir Ian McKellen who I saw in a fabulous stage performance of Waiting for Godot alongside Sir Patrick Stewart. I ate at the best of Brick Lane’s Indian and Pakistani restaurants and my jogging route took me along the River Thames with a view of the London Eye. And right when the cracks of the National Health Service started to give me nightmares my husband whisked me away to Oslo. It’s been a whirlwind and I’ve only just realized how far north Norway is. If you have one of those old-fashioned globes, stand over it and look straight down and you’ll see where I am.
- 307 days
Posted on 11 October 2013 | 6:31 pm
- Guest Post: Six degrees of separation
Posted on 27 September 2013 | 3:49 pm
- Norway has a new prime minister, but my vote goes to the king
Posted on 16 September 2013 | 6:08 pm
- Oslo summer solstice: 19 hours of sunshine
Posted on 21 June 2013 | 7:51 pm
- How to make your bed in Norway
Posted on 31 May 2013 | 7:55 pm
Recommended Service Partners
Compare up to six quotes from our network of moving companies that can help you plan your international move and relocate your entire family.
Apply online for free quotes on repatriation assistance and expatriate and foreign health insurance.
You will get discount hotel rates, last-minute deals, hot deals, special offers, with a real-time reservation and on-line booking.