A blog about exploring the outdoors (mostly by kayak), traveling, trip planning, and coastal engineering. It currently focuses on kayaking in the Netherlands and Belgium, but previous posts cover Upstate New York, California, and much more.
|1||[Hits: 5 - Added: 25-07-18]|
US American expat living in Rotterdam
- Gender: Female
- Interest: kayaking, travel, hiking, outdoors, coastal engineering
- About me: I'm Nena, and I'm completely in love with kayaking! I moved to the Netherlands from the US in 2014, and use kayaking as a way to explore old European cities and immerse myself in Dutch culture (I recently became secretary of my otherwise-all-Dutch kayaking club!). I've also had a chance to paddle in 6+ other European countries as well. Camping, hiking, traveling, and backpacking are some of the other hobbies I occasionally write about. I'm a meticulous trip planner and enjoy sharing planning tips on my blog.
- Social networks:
- Warm October on Haringvliet: Hellevoetsluis to Middelharnis
Posted on 16 October 2018 | 7:00 am
- 2018 Goals Update! Spoiler: It's (mostly) going well!
Posted on 5 October 2018 | 9:48 am
- A brief paddle on Lake Geneva, and a hut trip in the Alps!
Posted on 2 October 2018 | 7:00 am
- Sea Kayaking Certifications in the Netherlands - Skill Levels
Posted on 22 September 2018 | 7:00 am
- Teaching my first Never Dry introduction-to-kayaking course (+ new page!)
Posted on 9 September 2018 | 10:54 am
Recommended Service Partners
Compare up to six quotes from our network of moving companies that can help you plan your international move and relocate your entire family.
Apply online for free quotes on repatriation assistance and expatriate and foreign health insurance.
You will get discount hotel rates, last-minute deals, hot deals, special offers, with a real-time reservation and on-line booking.