This blog provides information and discussion for parents raising bilingual children or thinking abotu doing so. I aim to provide information and advice based on the latest research, and integrated into how mobile/expat families live. I also aim to provide practical advice and tips on how to best plan for bilingualism, and how to take bilingualism with you when you leave your community of practice.
|1||[Hits: 12 - Added: 10-04-13]|
expat living in the Netherlands
- Gender: Female
- Interest: Bilingualism, local languages, minority languages
- About me: I am a Canadian educational consultant, living and working in the Netherlands. My focus is helping families successfully raise bilingual children, either through family languages or host country languages. I also work with schools who integrate large numbers of non-native speakers, doing teacher training, curriculum support and language policy planning. Finally, I work with mulit-national companies, educating parents about their language and school choices for their children. I also have three children who speak English, French and Dutch.
- Social networks:
- Being Bilingual with Betty and Cat books
Posted on 27 October 2017 | 12:27 pm
- Speak•a•boo: The future of accessible speech assessment in a multilingual world (Spotlight on Good Practice Series)
Posted on 25 September 2017 | 9:12 am
- Top 5 Tips for parents with children starting school in a new language
Posted on 4 September 2017 | 7:15 am
- Top 5 tips for learning about your new students when you can’t talk to them…
Posted on 23 August 2017 | 8:22 pm
- My Academic year by the numbers
Posted on 12 July 2017 | 10:23 pm
Recommended Service Partners
Compare up to six quotes from our network of moving companies that can help you plan your international move and relocate your entire family.
Apply online for free quotes on repatriation assistance and expatriate and foreign health insurance.
You will get discount hotel rates, last-minute deals, hot deals, special offers, with a real-time reservation and on-line booking.