Our goal is to travel as long as our glasses are half full and to make a living writing about, photographing and working directly in the wine industry. We want to learn how locals drink their wine, prepare their favorite meals and what role it all plays in their daily lives. This blog is to document everything as we see, smell and taste it. We hope to encourage others to join us on this journey and discover each place through the wines, recipes and experiences in these pages.
|13||[Hits: 26 - Added: 03-06-11]|
US American expat living in France
- Interest: Traveling the world through each country's wine regions
- About me: We are Jeff Didra and Brittany Asseff; two wine and travel-seeking twenty-somethings who have made it our mission to swirl, sniff, sip and devour our way through as many wine regions in the world as we can. In 2009 we left the desert sunsets of Tucson, Arizona for the bountiful vines of Napa Valley. We were fortunate to land amazing jobs working with wine in Napa, but after two years we discovered that the same yearning for knowledge and adventure that drew us to California, was pulling us yet again into the wider world of wine and travel. With that, we decided to combine our love for wine and food with our desire for open-ended travel and embark on a self-proclaimed, world-wide ”Masters program in wine, food and cultures in the grape-growing world.” Why not right?!
- Save Water, Drink Wine!
Posted on 28 January 2014 | 4:25 pm
- Oakland’s Urban Wine Scene: Part 2
Posted on 10 December 2013 | 6:26 pm
- Oakland’s Urban Wine Scene: Part 1
Posted on 2 December 2013 | 1:05 am
- Visit to Opus One: Opulence in Oakville
Posted on 1 November 2013 | 2:45 pm
- What We’re Drinking Now: 2009 Philippe LeClerc ‘En Champs’ Pinot Noir
Posted on 24 October 2013 | 11:36 pm